Our priority is your child’s safety and happiness. Your child will be cared for by trained and experienced staff. There are up to 20 children and at least 4 staff at all sessions.
The children have some time outside every day. The sessions begin busy, go on to news-time, snack-time, song time, then free play and end with stories. This structure provides security for the shy and stability for the not so shy!
Your child's happiness, safety and growing awareness of other people and the world are our most important considerations. We maintain a relaxed and happy family atmosphere caring for one another. The children call us by our first names and we try to treat them as if they were our own. You can read some testimonials from parents and carers here.
Staff names, photographs and relevant qualifications are on the noticeboard.
Staff professional development and training are continually encouraged and provided.
Joyland consists of five main areas;
· The Play Room ; where it is rarely quiet, but 'sitting down' activities take place [puzzles, cars, small world, duplo etc.]
· The Den ; where we sit in a circle for newstime, or in a group for storytime. The computer, for the children's use, is also in this room.
· The Messy Room ; where we have messy play, water play and the staff kitchen and loo.
· The Noisy Room ; where we have dressing-up and pretend toys to facilitate role-play.
· The Garden ; where we go for at least part of every session. During the summer we take nearly everything outside and enjoy the fresh air.
click on a thumbnail to view the picture